Saturday, July 19, 2008

Procrastination Demotivation Frustration


There are so many opportunities that allow me to feel like an abject failure. Some of them are brought upon myself. Others stem from extraneous circumstances. Fact of the matter is, I need to keep my shit together. I need to implement some degree of tunnel vision to keep focused on those things that keep me not necessarily happy, but at least content. Even if it's a half complete project, I should be doing something.It's been four months since the last posting. Summer is midway through at this point.

Skin Crawl is a sound manipulation project from a reclusive and antisocial 40 year old from the Chicago suburbs. In 2004, he started abusing Apple's GarageBand application, creating works by running instrumental loops through filters in a manner that they weren't intended. Equal parts dub, ambient and industrial, the songs are moody but at the same time have that tongue-in-cheek antagonism of someone who's been jaded by the indie elitism that almost destroyed what was regarded as "alternative" music in the early 90's. Think Big Black meets Brian Eno.

Skin Crawl - Rain Chamber
Skin Crawl - Piss Farm

No comments: